In order to make the order and delivery process go as smooth as possible, here are a few simple rules for ordering and picking up your items.
1. Payment is expected at the time of pickup. Paradise Found Farm is acting only as an agent of delivery and does not legally take possession of your orders in the sense of buying and reselling the market items to you. Your order is directly with the farmer and/or producer, and unless other arrangements are made with them, payment is expected at pickup so we can deliver their sales monies directly back to them on the return trip. Only Cash or Personal Checks are accepted at the present time.
2. The Market is open between 12 am Friday and 9 pm on Sunday. Orders placed before the market opens and/or after the market closes are subject to cancellation. The time the market is closed is used by the Growers and Producers to fulfill orders, deliver their products, and to update their online inventory. Since this is an internet-based operation, we do not offer any items for sale to the public at our pickup location. All items must be ordered online while the market is open.
3. If you need to cancel an order, please do so prior to noon on Wednesday, so we have time to get the word to the provider. You can cancel all or parts of your order online, or by calling Paradise Found Farm before the cutoff time. If you fail to cancel by the cutoff time, or you don’t pickup your order, you are still responsible for the charges, and they will be added to your next order. The ownership of the order items passes to the Market and they will dispose of them as they see fit. The fresh items are usually donated to the Church’s Food Ministry, and the durable goods are returned their suppliers. If you need to cancel your order, please let us know in time to prevent all the hassle of fulfilling your order and having to take it back. Thanks.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Are there membership fees?
- Will I have to buy vegetables I don't want?
- How do I order?
- When do I pay?
- When and Where do I pick up my order?
- Why Support Locally Grown?
- How can I sell through this market?
And here are some answers:
Are there membership fees?
As we get established, there is not a membership fee to join and use the site. In the future as this market grows, we may institute a small annual fee of $25 per household for one calendar year. You would be able to try us for two orders before officially becoming members.
Will I have to buy vegetables I don't want?
Unlike some co-ops, buying clubs, or CSAs where everyone gets the same box of stuff (and you don’t know what you’re getting until you get it), with Locally Grown you get to order what you want, in the quantities that you want, from the farms that you want. The weekly email lists the produce, milled products, fresh flowers, and artisan goods available that week, and you can browse the items on this website before you place your order.
How do I order?
Each Friday morning, a list of available products is sent to all of our registered customers by e-mail. Customers must place their order for the week no later than Monday at 9:00 p.m. Orders can be placed here on our website. Ordering through this web site is our only method as it is designed to reduce the amount of time it takes us to process orders as well as provide you with detailed information about our products.
When do I pay?
We accept cash or checks when you pick up your order. Because we may have to adjust your total then (to account for unnanounced items you decide to purchase or items that were unexpectedly unavailable), we do not accept advance payment on the website.
When and Where do I pick up my order?
From 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm on Wednesdays, customers can pick-up their produce at the Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church on Pleasant Hill Road.
Why Support Locally Grown?
Enhance your local economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses.
Save natural resources: Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials. Also, we are right here in your community so the expense of transportation and delivery is kept to a minimum.
Provide learning opportunities: Locally Grown supporters provide member growers the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
Supporting a way of life: The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.
We believe that small, diverse, family-owned farms contribute to society’s overall health.
How can I sell through this market?
If you’ve already created a customer account here, simply go to Our Growers and click on ‘Join this Market’. This will add you to our system and our market managers will contact you with the next step. We do charge a one-time-only fee of $40 (which we can deduct from your sales) as well as 10% of your overall sales. Like at a traditional farmers’ market, you do get to set your own prices and list your items as you wish. Contact insert address here if you want more information.